Jump to navigation Jump to search
arguably.io is a semantically-organized database of arguments, debates and beliefs as well as their interdependencies. The encyclopedia seeks to fairly represent all human beliefs, true or false and help the reader in making a determination about what is true or false. Check out our FAQ to know more, and join the fun! You can open up your own pages on subjects that you find most interesting, or have a look at our Wanted claims.
We are currently looking for volunteer editors for the following tasks. You do not need to ask permission to become one, just take on the task and start contributing!
- Going around the Internet for a survey of subjects of controversy and filling the Wanted claims page with ideas on things that aren't covered yet on arguably.io.
- Creating new pages on arguments, mathematical proofs, fact-checks, etc, on any subject present in Wanted claims or not.
- Creating the Editing namespace to start laying out guides for the new contributors and editing guidelines as to what leads to decisions on the encyclopedia. For instance, what categories can a factual claim be in? Possible, possible with some support, false, ... How will we set the standards for each category?
- Start writing a guide in the Editing namespace explaining the functionality of Template:Claim and other functions of the encyclopedia.
- Start monitoring fact-check websites in order to identify the kind of fallacies and detoured "debunking" strategies we will have to call out, and edit the Fallacy namespace accordingly by cataloging every way in which an argument can be deceptive, false, fallacious, etc...
- Feel free to add your own ideas here! JFG (talk) 21:20, 22 January 2022 (UTC)
|Recently Edited in Mathematics|
|2022-02-08 22:09 Pi is transcendental|
|2022-01-24 18:48 Prime factorization is unique|
|2022-01-23 22:20 If a prime divides a product it divides one of the factors|
|2022-01-23 14:13 Every rational number has an irreducible representation|
|2022-01-23 04:40 The square root of 2 is irrational|
|2022-01-22 20:59 Any integer bigger than 1 is the multiple of a prime|
|2022-01-22 20:59 An integer and its successor are co-prime|
|2022-01-22 20:59 There are infinitely many primes|
|Recently Edited in Biology and Medicine|
|2022-02-09 17:37 Charles Darwin Committed Plagiarism|
|2022-02-05 19:51 People are born gay|
|2022-01-27 14:28 Biological sex is not binary|
|2022-01-27 04:49 The mind is quantum in nature|
|2022-01-27 03:35 Race exists|
|2022-01-23 05:28 Ivermectin has beneficial effects against SARS-COV-2|
|2022-01-23 01:36 SARS-COV-2 has never been isolated|
|2022-01-22 21:14 Prophylaxis is wrong|
|2022-01-22 21:14 Viagra can cure COVID-19|
|Recently Edited in History|
|2022-04-16 01:45 Russia lied about the sinking of the Moskva|
|2022-02-14 02:12 Germany is responsible for World War I|
|2022-01-27 23:42 The First Crusade was an unprovoked war of aggression|
|2022-01-22 21:07 Structural Liberalism|
|Recently Edited in Philosophy|
|2022-01-25 22:11 The is/ought gap|
|2022-01-23 23:30 Denial of the is/ought gap|
|Recently Edited Journalistic Articles|
|2022-03-12 05:26 Article:Why the word 'freedom' is such a useful rallying cry for protesters|
|2022-02-05 23:44 Article: Why experts say Premier Moe's claim vaccines no longer protect against COVID-19 is based on misunderstanding|
|2022-01-22 21:24 Article:NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week|