arguably.io is a semantically-organized database of arguments, debates and beliefs as well as their interdependencies. The encyclopedia seeks to fairly represent all human beliefs, true or false and help the reader in making a determination about what is true or false. Check out our FAQ to know more, and join the fun! You can open up your own pages on subjects that you find most interesting, or have a look at our Wanted claims.
We are currently looking for volunteer editors for the following tasks. You do not need to ask permission to become one, just take on the task and start contributing!
- Going around the Internet for a survey of subjects of controversy and filling the Wanted claims page with ideas on things that aren't covered yet on arguably.io.
- Creating new pages on arguments, mathematical proofs, fact-checks, etc, on any subject present in Wanted claims or not.
- Creating the Editing namespace to start laying out guides for the new contributors and editing guidelines as to what leads to decisions on the encyclopedia. For instance, what categories can a factual claim be in? Possible, possible with some support, false, ... How will we set the standards for each category?
- Start writing a guide in the Editing namespace explaining the functionality of Template:Claim and other functions of the encyclopedia.
- Start monitoring fact-check websites in order to identify the kind of fallacies and detoured "debunking" strategies we will have to call out, and edit the Fallacy namespace accordingly by cataloging every way in which an argument can be deceptive, false, fallacious, etc...
- Feel free to add your own ideas here! JFG (talk) 21:20, 22 January 2022 (UTC)